Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cancer Can Be a Catalyst for Change

"Cancer is not something you say thank you for, but it can be a catalyst for a change for the better."

That, more or less, was a thought shared in the memoir of a cancer survivor that my mom sent me. Because it mirrors my personal experience that things I treasure most in my life came either directly or indirectly as the result of something really crappy.

For about a year now, I've been feeling like I need to change my life in some way. Wasn't sure exactly what though.  So when I read that idea, it really jumped out at me. Tonight, as I expect to hear tomorrow the answer to the question as whether or not I have a chance of my cancer being cured, it seems even more comforting… and a bit exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Following you, thinking about you, praying for you, and hoping that you -- and the family -- find strength for the long, daunting road facing you.

    ReplyDelete